This conference will present findings from the EU FP7 funded research project, CITISPYCE, into social innovation of and for young people against inequalities in Europe post-2008 and will set out recommendations for future policies and practice. It will provide opportunities for debate and reflection between academics, policy-makers, practitioners and young people themselves on:
- the changing nature of inequalities facing young people across Europe today
- potentially innovative approaches and practices to overcome these inequalities
- engaging young people more effectively in policy-making processes
The CITISPYCE partnership (seven universities, three major cities and three NGOs across 10 countries) has been working for 3 years on this research project funded by the European Commission under the FP7 Research and Development Programme.
A key objective has been to explore the changing nature of inequalities facing young people in ten cities across ten countries in Europe following the global economic crisis.
- Gain fresh insights into the changing nature of inequalities faced by young people across Europe today
- Find out about a range of innovative social practices by and for young people to overcome barriers to their inclusion
- Help shape recommendations to EU, national and local governments to develop new policy approaches and improve support for innovative social practices by and for young people
Who should attend?
- Policy-makers re: youth, inclusion, participation
- Local Authorities
- Youth Organisations
- Trade Unions
- Social Innovation Centres
- Voluntary Organisations
- Employment and Social Inclusion
- PhD Candidates
- Youth workers
- Social Partners
How to register
Entry to the Conference is FREE but you will need to book your place in advance. Simply click on the link below to go to our registration page on Eventbrite. Once you have completed the booking form, you will receive confirmation by email and instructions on how to print your ticket. http://goo.gl/8A5gfP