On the eve of International Women’s Day and Commonwealth Day the Commonwealth Businesswomen’s Network is organising their official launch and as they say it is to make the economic empowerment of women happen.
The Network’s mission is as follows:
To provide the tools, opportunities and support necessary to ensure the growth and global reach of women. Whether as entrepreneurs, in corporate life, or in government our focus is on shaping women’s economic empowerment through:
- Trade – a trading platform providing opportunities for women entrepreneurs to connect, collaborate and do business across all 53 countries of the Commonwealth and linking tenders in emerging markets and developing countries.
- Training– the CBW Academy with its modules on procurement, entrepreneurship and women on boards delivered by leading global providers
- Talent– the 2015 Commonwealth Women in Business Awards in London and CBW’s collaboration with the global professional body for headhunters
At the event there will be an opportunity to meet members, team and partners and find out how to become an individual or organisational member.
- Lorely Burt, MP, Chair, All-Party Parliamentary Group on Women and Enterprise
- H E Felleng Makeka, High Commissioner, Lesotho
- Deb Leary, OBE, Co-Chair, Commonwealth Businesswomen’s Network
- Christine Hamilton, Deputy Regional Director, UK Trade & Investment West Midlands
- Mike Murray, Birmingham Commonwealth Association, Birmingham City Council
When and where:
Thursday, 5 March 2015 from 5.30pm to 8.30pm:
17.30-18.30 registration and networking
18.30-19.00 remarks from special invited guests
19.00-20.30 reception and networking
The Commonwealth has a billion women with 60% under 30 with its 53 countries accounting for 20% of world trade where the costs of doing business are 15% less than doing business with non-Commonwealth countries. Connect – collaborate – do commerce with and via the Commonwealth.
If you would like to attend this event then please click the link below where you will be able to book your place to join.