Plans to support the bid to bring the 2022 Commonwealth Games to the city continue apace.
Last week, the University of Birmingham backed the Birmingham 2022 bid – with plans for new squash courts and hockey pitches to become competition venues as part of the proposals. Now, three further sports and venues – that would also benefit the wider West Midlands region – feature:
- The new-build Sandwell Aquatics Centre will host Swimming, Para Swimming and Diving
- The Ericsson Indoor Arena (within the Ricoh Arena, Coventry) – home to Wasps Netball – will host Netball
- Villa Park will host Rugby 7s
It’s important for the success of the bid for people to get behind it, so please get your friends and family involved as well!
How you can support Birmingham 2022:
- Follow us on Twitter (@birminghamcg22)
- Like us on Facebook (Birmingham2022)
- Join in the conversation (#BrumBid2022)
- To read more about the bid, please visit birmingham2022.com
- For a round-up of news stories, visit gov.uk/Birmingham2022